Deadline: Sunday, May 3, 2020.
Applications must be completed by 11:59PM Eastern Time on the deadline date.
Who May Apply?
Individual professional New Hampshire artists, 18 years of age or over, who devote a majority of their time to practicing, performing and/or teaching an arts discipline, who can document lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants must also have been New Hampshire residents for at least one full year and still be residents at the time grants are awarded. Due to limited funds, artists may receive only one Artist Emergency Grant.
Who May Not Apply?
- Organizations or corporations
- Current undergraduate or graduate students
- Full-time Pre-K-12, college or university faculty are not eligible to apply. (Adjunct and part-time faculty are eligible.)
What Will This Grant Support?
This grant will assist artists in recouping financial losses due to canceled or modified work/events since Governor Sununu’s declaration of the New Hampshire State of Emergency (Executive Order 2020-04) on March 13, 2020, including:
- Performances in all performing arts disciplines
- Readings, panels, and speaking opportunities
- Classes, workshops or teaching artist residencies
- Festivals, exhibitions or events
- Non-refundable travel costs for attending conferences, meetings, events or festivals that have been canceled
- Non-refundable travel costs for artist residencies
- Non-refundable touring costs
This program does not support:
- Creation of new work
- Equipment purchases
- Costs associated with producing a music recording (CD or DVD) or the publication of a book
- Costs for framing artwork
- Subscriptions and memberships
- Financial aid/tuition costs to pursue degree-granting opportunities
- Previously incurred debts or deficits not related to COVID-19
- Travel costs that exceed current state per diems (please use this tool to calculate travel per diems)
- The presentation (e.g., exhibit) of artwork in a non-public venue
- Costs associated with international travel
- Research projects
- Please refer to the full list of ineligible expenses.
For more information, please visit the Artist Emergency Grants page HERE.